Not as cool as hoped, but 100% humidity was spot on! 20 pax posted relieving my concern about running short of coupons.
Today marked the 18th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks – officially it is known as SEPTEMBER 11TH NATIONAL DAY OF SERVICE AND REMEMBRANCE. However, it is also known as Patriot Day – but I dare not state that in the presence of Winthorpe. We may never hear the end of it… No FNGs, so we eased into:
- Sun Gods 4CICx9, reverso
- Arm & Shoulder Stretches OYO
- SSH 4CICx18
- Leg Stretches OYO
- Downward Dog OYO
Prior to the pax arrival, 4 stations were arranged with 2 being sandbags weighing roughly 50 lbs (no idea, they were heavy) and 2 being an assortment of balls brought by the pax that actually read the preblast. So, now is the time I get the ball jokes and snickering behind us. Yes, we did merkins, passes and pickle pointers on our balls or another pax’ balls. (insert snicker or joke here). Counted off to 4 groups and went to our stations.
- Station #1 – Sandbags
- Round 1 – Power Squats (sandbag to chest)
- Round 2 – Power Sumo Squats (sandbag between knees)
- Bear Crawl to Station #2
- Station #2 – Balls
- Round 1 – Ball Passes (pass ball with feet to hands in top of crunch)
- Round 2 – Pickle Pointers (you know…)
- Lunge Walk to Station #3
- Station #3 – Sandbags
- Round 1 – Bent Over Rows (arms extended, sandbag pulled to chest)
- Round 2 – Bent Over Row Twists (arms extended, sandbag pulled to side as upper body twists)
- Crawl Bear to Station #4
- Station #4 – Balls
- Round 1 – Walking Ball Merkins (one hand on ball, merkin, then change hands, merkin)
- Round 2 – Diamond Merkins (both hands on the ball)
- Reverse Lunge Walk to Station #1
Each station was hit in rounds #1 & #2 with an SC of 18; then a SC of 11; then a SC of 9. This gave the pax 6 trips around the stations with a total rep count of 304.
- American Hammers 4CICx18
- LSF 4CICx18
Counted off and gathered for COT.
EARLY START TOMORROW AT NBGCC FOR IRON PAX CHALLENGE – 5:15. BE ON TIME OR MR. ROBOTO WILL PROCTOR YOU!
YHC lead the pax in the Lord’s Prayer.
Thank you for the opportunity to lead and hopefully improve my Q.