A Rough & Ready Pax of 13 posted in the morning gloom – no Triskaidekaphobes here – for the weekly iteration of The Point. Right off the bat, an Omaha was necessary as Union Point Park was blocked off, so we gathered in the Convention Center Overflow Parking lot. Once assembled, we started at the appointed time with Greeting, Mission Statement & Disclaimer. With a decent workload ahead, YHC quickly began with:
- SSH, IC, 5x
- Cotton Pickers, IC, 7x
- Michael Phelps, IC, 5x
- Downward Dog
- Easy Mosey from Gathering Point to Nautical Wheelers corner for:
YHC gave a brief explanation for the inspiration for today’s beatdown. Cool Hand Luke is, at its basic level, a prison movie. Certainly a must see. In any event, “Prison” was the key element for the morning. A little trepidation emanated from Pax about “partnering up,” but this was a solitary endeavor.
- At each corner of the block (Craven, Pollock, Middle, S. Front), Pax to perform 5 Prison Cell Merkin Burpees (PCMBs) – Experienced a “Failure to communicate” with Cornfed here, but he eventually got the idea … maybe
- Prisoner Run (Hands behind head with fingers interlocked) towards next corner
- At halfway point, Pax to perform 10x 4ct Prisoner Squats (keep hands behind head for the Squat)
- Continue Prisoner Run until corner is reached
- LSF at each corner for the 6
- Rinse & Repeat each item until each of the 4 corners of the block have been successfully negotiated
- Once back to starting point, LSF, IC, 15x
- Some Mumble Chatter about YHC and running. I know, right? Surprise, Surprise, Surprise!
- Same as Round 1 with certain modifications
- Modify PCMBs to HRPCMBs (Hand Release Prison Cell Merkin Burpees), 5x
- Modify Prisoner Squats from 10x 4ct to 15x single count
- Finished with LSF, IC, 15x
- Lil Wayne was deputized during this round to keep an eye on Cornfed
- Return to Standard PCMBs, but 3x
- Modify Prisoner Squats to 10x single count
- Modify for out and back (Nautical Wheelers to City Hall & back) resulting in a 1/2 block instead of a full block (Pyro really pushing for Mary at this point)
- Finished with LSF, IC, 15x
- Mosey back to Gathering Spot (of course, with Jailbreak thrown in for good measure)
MARY (Pyro wants it … well, he gets it.)
- American Hammers, IC, 20x
- Dying Cockroach, IC, 20x
- Freddy Mercurys, IC, 20x
- Box Cutters, IC, 20x
- LSF, IC, 20x
With each PCMB requiring 3 Merkins, total Merkins performed = 138. Please note that Cornfed’s count will be different. Total squats = 160, with the first set of 4ct squats providing 2 squats per rep. Again, Cornfed’s count might be different here as well. Total Ab Exercises = 245 — more for the faster runners who got the chance for bonus LSF while waiting on the 6, not to mention the core work provided by the PCMBs/HRPCMBs. Total mileage according to Gander’s tracker = 1.59 miles. Not quite a Fartlek, but not what most Pax were expecting from the QIC either. You just never know, do you.
Closed with Count-O-Rama, Name-O-Rama, Announce-O-Rama with YHC praying us out. YHC will have an extra ruck & ruck plates for anyone interested in GrowRuck 17. Prayers for Deuce who suffered an injury Monday.
Fantastic effort put forth by the Pax this morning. It was both a pleasure and an inspiration to lead this group of men.
Looking forward to cooler weather …