23 football fans gathered this morning to celebrate the beginning of the football season and the end of having to watch any more baseball. Nobody cares that the Yankees will make the playoffs and then promptly bow out in the first round. But the real reason the PAX came out is because the workouts are not too early in the morning, not too hot, not too hard, not too far away, don’t need to get in better shape to keep up, not a cult, didn’t have an appointment with a trainer and it’s wasn’t snowing, raining or hurricane(ing)!
We did have a FNG with us this morning … A friend of mine that I’ve been trying to get out for a while now. So, after a not so perfect vision statement and warning we got right into it with:
- SSH, IC, 25x
- Sungods, IC, 10x forwards, 10x reverse
- Cotton Pickers, IC, 10x
- Varous leg stretches
- Plank elevators
Escalator workout with different exercises at each stop.
- Duck Walk to the first tree on left on the field followed by 5 Burpees
- High Knees back to the starting spot followed by 10 Iron Mikes (IC) & 5 Burpees
- Butt Kickers back to the tree on the left followed by 15 Merkins (IC), 10 Iron Mikes (IC) & 5 Burpees
- Bear Crawl back to the start followed by 20 Squats (IC), 15 Merkins (IC), 10 Iron Mikes (IC) & 5 Burpees
Mosey to the front of the convention center for partner work:
- Partner A did Dips X 30 While partner B stared lovingly into his eyes and did a Squat Hold. Flip Flop
- Partner A did Dirkins X 25 While partner B did WWI’s. Flip Flop
- Partner A did Wall Walkers X 20 While partner B did American Hammers. Flip Flop
- Partner A did Step Ups X 20 each leg While partner B did Freddy Mercury’s. Flip Flop
Keep your partner but move to the covered area in front of convention center.
Partner A did LBC’s as many as you can while partner B did a run to driveway of convention center and back and then to the Harvey Mansion and back. Flip Flop
With some time to go we did DE-scending testicles. Started with BTW on my sign descend to 45 degrees, then to 30 degrees, then to 15, then 5 and 5 merkins.
Mosey back to the flagpole for:
- Brought the PAX in close for a round of Patty Cakes. There was much confusion about cadence and a whole lot of mumble chatter. That was the point.
At this point, Q thought we were done, (had forgotten that I set my watch 4 minutes fast so that I’m not late when I wear it). Q took off to get my phone for name-a-rama and whilst I was gone, @F3 Flanksteak took the PAX through a round of Box Cutters X 25
Q showed the PAX a few good hip and back stretches and then we were really done.
Count-O-Rama & Name-O-Rama. Welcome Dumbledore, Frank Bowers (28), who grew up in Trent Woods, graduated from Hampden-Sydney College and is currently living in Pittsburgh where he works in the Admission Dept. for The Kiski School, an all boys boarding school. Also had a visitor this morning from F3 Carpex named Parker. Thanks for coming out.
Announcements — I totally forgot announcements but usually someone will jump right in to announce something important. Took the group out in prayer for a great football season along with other things.
The pleasure is always mine fellas. Great push this morning!