A Pax of 4 posted for our inaugural Ruck It workout at the Union Point Park Gazebo. With rucks and weight in place we began with:
- Rail assisted hamstring stretch, IC, 10ct each leg
- Rail assisted calf stretch, IC, 10ct while alternating emphasis between each calf
- Rail assisted quad stretch, IC 10ct each leg
- Zercher Squats, IC, 20x
- Upright Ruck Rows, IC 20x
- Ruck Up and leave gazebo, down S. Front St, R of Middle St, R on Broad St and halt at Traffic Circle
- 1 mile ruck AFAP – Down Broad, L on George, L on Pollock, halt at Francoeur house (corner of Pollock & S. Front St). Remember/record your time for future reference. This is your baseline mile time. Object is to be under 15 minutes. All Pax met this goal.
- Ruck back to entrance of Union Point Park for Rucked Up Merkins AMRAP. Again, remember/record this number. This is your baseline number of Rucked Up Merkins.
- Quickly back to the gazebo for …
- American Hammers while holding Ruck, IC, 4ct, 20x
- Ruck Bench Press, IC, 15x
- Dying Cockroach while holding Ruck, IC, 20x
- Hard Stop @ 0615
Baseline established so as to know if improvement is being made. In other words, this is a measurable indicator of “getting better.” AFAP=As Fast As Possible; AMRAP=As Many Reps As Possible. These will be revisited from time to time as the weeks and months pass.
Pax cirlcled up for Count-O-Rama and Name-O-Rama. Prayers for safety in upcoming storm.
Thank you for the opportunity to provide a new & different workout.