It was chillier than expected, but the 12 men who posted would not be cold long this December morning. Almost everyone peeled a layer off as some point. Here’s how it went down……
- Jump Ropes X 10
- High knees X 10
- Michael Phelps X 10
- Helicopters X 10
- Downward Dog OYO, into upward dog
- Back stretches
Mosey to parking lot for
Thang — Partner up
Partner A holds plank while partner B runs 25 yards and completes exercise, returns and swap
- Plank 1 – standard plank on elbows, exercise: 5 Wide Hand Release Merkins
- Plank 2 – high plank with rocking, exercise: 5 Sumo Squats
- Plank 3 – “Star Plank” wide as possible, exercise: 5 Hand Release Merkins
- Plank 4 – Side Plank on elbow, exercise: 5 Squat Jumps
5 Rounds of each
Then, to the far parking blocks – with everyone in High Plank – we walked (in plank) to the half way point of parking lot, then back as a group. YHC originally planned for PAX to plank walk the entire length of lot on parking blocks, but realized this was a bit aggressive after 10 seconds of exercise.
Indian run around school to wall beside the field of fun for BTTW shoulder taps, 1st round to 20, 2nd round to 25. This is quickly becoming a crowd favorite. Over to the field for…….
- Plank Jacks X 20
- Plank Curls X 10 each side
- Planks w/knee to opposite elbow X 20 each side (Peter Parker)
- Planks w/knee to elbow (same side) (Tobey Maguires)
- Planks with one leg off ground 6 inches – might have made it 20 seconds each leg.
Announcements: Lil Wayne on Fartlek, Roboto on birthday Bushwood, Unicorn on Point, need a Q for The Bear. Remember 420 and Ingrown’s friend, Alex Burnette, Roll Tide’s co-worker who has to have lung removed, and all those going through tough times. YHC closed in prayer.
Planks suck, but are great for the core. If your @$$ ain’t tight, you ain’t doing it right.
Enjoyed it gentlemen, great work today.