It was supposed to be a great beach day…..not! So 6 pax plus yours truly showed up with sun screen applied for a great work out geared to start the arguably best holiday weekend of the year. With lightning, thunder as well as rain lingering in the distance we started out with;
Warm -O – Rama
- Up Early Lap, Around parking lot (We collected Morning and OZ on the way)
- Side Straddle Hops (SSH) x 25, In Cadence (IC) 4 CT
- Chinooks – 15 IC 4 CT (Overhead Arm Circles)
- Imperial Walkers x 10, IC 4 CT
- Downward Dogs – OYO
- Burpos x 15 IC, 1 CT (Start at squat position, hands out legs out, pushup, back to squat)
- Mountain Climbers x 20, IC 4 CT
- Wave of Merkins x 5, IC 1 CT on down
Everyone was warmed and starting to get wet as rain moved in…….we moseyed around to covered area for some;
- Up over down steps, repeat on concrete benches x 50 Count OYO
- Derkins, 25 Count, OYO
- Inclinded Merkins, 25 Count, OYO
- Finished up with more Up over down steps, x 50 Count OYO
Time to mosey over to Winthorpe’s favorite place (Lacrosse Field), for some fun in the sand time.
Partner up. Opposing cones approximately 30 yds apart we continued w/ my favorite sand bag routine;
- P1 & P2 back to back on your six. Pass sandbag around from side to side 25 times. Switch directions x 25 times. Take lap plank for six.
- P1 & P2 foot to foot on your six. P1 sit up w/ sand bag overhead toss to P2. P2 back down over head sit up and toss to P1. 60 times (30 ea partner). Take lap Al Gore for the six.
- (Rain had finally hit full force at this point…..we were sure we were the only people in Craven County outdoors exercising……except for one or two others that came to mind)
- P1 Inch worm planks w/ merkins, P2 30 sand bag raises switch partner rinse repeat, run 1 lap, Al Gore for the six
- P1 Squat kicks, P2 30 sand bag squats, switch partner rinse repeat, run 1 lap, Plank for the six
- P1 Plank walks w/ burpee, P2 skip runs back and forth from side to side 10 times, switch rinse repeat, run 1 lap, leg raise for six.
- P1 Tripod (Alt Left hand, right leg extensions), P2 squat shuffle between cones 2 times with sand bag, switch rinse repeat, run 1 lap, Al Gore for the six
Time had elapsed and we headed to Mary;
My below average attempt at the following (due mostly to the fact that my notes had disintegrated);
- Dr. W’s – 1 legs apart like a Low Dolly, 2 legs together, 3 raise the legs to Rosalita position (45-60 degrees-ish), 4 spread ‘em, 5 is The W (hands together and stretching forward between your legs), 6 return to your back (legs still up), 7 legs together, 8 legs down. – 10 total
- Side V Sits, 25 IC, Switch side, 25 IC
- Dealers Choice – Boat Canoes, (Thanks Morning)
- Dealers Choice – James Bond, (Thanks Winthorpe)
- Dealers Choice – Freddie Mercurys, (Thanks Unicorn)
Time had elapsed for the workout.
Give to Give Campaign reported $117k + raised from the NC area in thirty days for F3 Expansions. Great job!
- OZ on the Q for the Fartlek (0700 Hardstart Holiday Hours)
- Sputnik (Virgin Q) for Bushwood
- Lil Wayne on the Q for The Point
- Looking for a Q for The Beam on 09/09 Sign Up!
Q took us out in prayer
Gentlemen, thanks for the effort this AM. Always a brighter start to my day thanks for the opportunity. Enjoy your families, food, and fun but most of all enjoy your football! Peace Out Faulkner