Call it the Holiday Hangover, Duck Fever, or just plain laziness. Truth is, YHC has been slack – very slack in recent weeks, and it showed on this mild, soggy Saturday. Prior to the hard start, YHC did reveal to the PAX of 8 that “Walk it out” was actually “Learning to Walk.” While there were some grumblings, not one backed out.
Warm O Rama
- Windmills IC X 20
- Michael Phelps started IC then OYO X 10
- Helicopter IC X 10
- Downward Dog Calf Stretches OYO
- Sun Gods IC X 10, plus Reverse X 10
- Side Straddle Hops IC X 10
- Mosey through muddy puddles (Peppa would have loved this) to practice field for …..
- Toddler Squats X 10. No need to partner up this go round – the PAX’s balance is improving.
- Army Crawl or lunge across field for – TS X 10, 30 Sumo Squats, 30 Squat Jumps
- Bear Crawl back across field TS X 10, 20 Sumo Squats, 20 Squat Jumps
- Army Crawl across field TS X 10, 30 Sumo Squats, 30 Squat Jumps
- Bear Crawl back across field T S X 20, 20 Sumo Squats, 20 Squat Jumps
- Mosey to front of school where wall is about waist high for ……..
- Flerkins (Fly Away Incline Merkins) Standing a few feet from wall with legs straight, fall slowly into wall, allow chest to touch wall, then push off to upright X 50. Recover – Michael Phelps X 10, then 30 more Flerkins. Large Sun Gods IC X 5, forward/reverse.Mosey to steps at side of school for….
Calf Raises X 150 – Recovered with some downward dog calf stretches.
Then walk to wall for……..
3 rounds of BTTW – Rounds 1 and 2 a 10 count down the line, round 3 a 15 count. Back to covered area for….
- Dips on the blocks IC X 30
- American Hammers IC X 25
- LBC’s IC X 50
- Dying cockroach IC X 50
Gassed, YHC cut short the workout by about 10 minutes. I’ll try to not let this happen again. Announcements: We still need Q’s. Sign up! Ask someone to co-Q. YHC closed in prayer.
Excellent work by the PAX in sloppy conditions.
An honor to lead, thanks for pushing through the pain.